If you’re looking forward to displaying ads served by Ezoic on your website, you may be wondering if you can get approved for Ezoic as a new website then you’re at the right place.
In this post, I’ll give you a rundown of the requirements for Ezoic and how you can get your site approved in just a few days.
Here’s a quick disclaimer before we get started: This post contains affiliate links, I will receive a commission if you purchase through these links (without any additional cost to you), which helps us maintain this website.
Let’s start with the requirements…
Ezoic requirements for publishers
Just like Google Adsense or any other ad network, Ezoic requires website publishers to adhere to a few specific guidelines in order to get approved and be a part of the Ezoic ad network.
The requirements can be summed up into five main points.
1. Ezoic minimum traffic requirement.
The first one is of course the traffic requirement as most ad networks have one. It’s the same with Ezoic.
Ezoic used to have a minimum traffic requirement of 10,000 monthly pageviews in order to be accepted into their program before.
But, that requirement has now changed and any new publisher with less than 10,000 monthly pageviews, regardless of their website’s traffic volume, can sign up for ezoic through their new ‘Ezoic Access Now‘ program.
This makes the platform more accessible to a wider range of publishers, who are looking to improve their website’s user experience, performance and Ad revenue.
If you have already made up your mind to join Ezoic by now, you can do so by signing up through my affiliate link.
Now to the second one…
2. Google webmaster quality guideline.
Ezoic being a Google-certified publishing partner, your website will need to be in compliance with Google’s webmaster quality guidelines in order to be approved.
This means that your website needs to provide a good user experience, and have unique and quality content.
The thing is, even if your site gets approved by Ezoic, you’ll still need to get your domain approved by Google in your Google Ads Manager account.
It’s somewhat the same as getting your website’s approval by Google AdSense. Many new publishers never get through this approval process on their first try.
And in fact, It was harder for me to get my domain approved in Google Ad Manager than in my Google AdSense account.
I applied for Google Adsense and Ad Manager (Through Ezoic) at the same time. My Adsense account was approved immediately, however, my Ad Manager wasn’t approved until later that month.
3. Compliant with Google publisher policy.
The other thing is, that Google has certain publisher policies in place to maintain the quality of its ad network.
As an Ezoic publisher, your website will need to be compliant with these policies in order to be approved as I’ve mentioned earlier Ezoic serves ads through the Google Ads Exchange.
Some of the most important policies to keep in mind are:
- No adult content.
- No illegal content.
- No violent or hateful content.
- No content that promotes illegal drugs or substances.
- No copyrighted material.
You can read more about Google’s publisher policies here.
4. Website requires to be in Adsense supported language format.
Again, Ezoic only supports AdSense-supported languages on their platform. So, your website will need to be in one of these languages in order to be approved.
The Adsense supported languages are:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Spanish (European)
- Spanish (Latin American)
The official list of Adsense-supported languages is here.
5. Should be a content-rich site
Lastly, Ezoic looks for sites that are rich in content and are solely informational-based sites. They don’t work with sites that are solely eCommerce (Online Store) or corporate-based sites.
So, if your website is mostly made up of product pages or landing pages, then Ezoic is not for you. Ezoic works only with informational-based sites (Blog websites) that have a lot of content and pages.
However, there’s an exception if your site has a large collection of articles in your eCommerce website’s blog section. You can reach out to them and they might work out a deal for you.
There you have it, these were the five main requirements for your site to get approved for Ezoic.
Now let’s look at what actually is the “Ezoic Access Now” program, how it works and how you can make sure to get your site approved in the first go itself.
Ezoic Access Now program: How does it work?
The Ezoic Access Now program is designed for new publishers who want to get started with the platform and don’t have the required traffic to do so.
The onboarding system for the program works in 4 simple steps:
- You start by taking a course about Ezoic and how advertising networks work.
- Once you’re done with the course, you’ll need to integrate your site with Ezoic.
- Then, you’ll have to pass out the Ezoic eligibility test for monetization.
- After that, you’ll have to open a Google Ads Manager account and request your domain for approval by Google.
The step mentioned above goes hand-in-hand with the course itself.
This means you’ll have to practically apply the steps provided by Ezoic while you’re on the course itself to complete the integration process of your website with the Ezoic platform.
Once you’re done with all these steps, you’ll be ready to start showing Ezoic Ads on your site. Now let’s go into detail about each of these steps.
1. Taking the course about Ezoic
The first step is to take a course about Ezoic and how it works. This course will help you understand how the platform works and what are the different features that it offers within the Ezoic dashboard and outside.
The course curriculum includes lessons on:
- Setting up your Ezoic account and integrating it with your website.
- Adding placeholders (Ad spaces) using the Ezoic chrome extension and the Ezoic WordPress plugin.
- Sending your domain for review. (Ezoic as well as Google Ads Manager).
- Optimizing your site speed through Ezoic Leap and caching.
You can go through the course and later implement all the integration later but it’s advised that you do it while going through the course as it makes the process a lot simpler.
2. Integration of your site with Ezoic
The second step is to integrate your site with Ezoic. This process, as mentioned above can be done while you’re going through the course as it makes it easier for you to understand and follow the steps.
How does integration with Ezoic work?
There are two ways the Ezoic integration work:
- Through the Ezoic CDN(Content delivery network) – You’ll have to update your DNS(Domain name system) to point to the Ezoic servers.
- Through Cloudflare – You’ll have to create a free account with Cloudflare and then add your website to it. Ezoic will then have access to your site through Cloudflare.
- Ezoic plugin – The Ezoic plugin is not that necessary but it can make the integration process easier and also enhances the Ezoic ads tester and layout tester functionality.
It’s best to integrate your website using all three as it makes the process easier and also keeps your website’s loading time in check.
3. Passing the Ezoic eligibility test for monetization
The third step is to pass the Ezoic eligibility test for monetization. This test is designed to make sure that your site is ready to be monetized with Ezoic.
The test comes with multiple-choice questions about topics covered in the course itself. And you’ll have to score a minimum of 75% to pass the test.
You can retake the test as many times as you want till you get the passing score. However, you’ll have to wait for 12 hours in between attempts if you have scored above 70% but couldn’t pass the test.
In other instances, where you score less than 70% you’ll have to wait for 24 hours to be eligible for another attempt with the test.
How to pass the Ezoic test for monetization.
- Make sure that you’re taking notes while going through the course as it will help you in passing this test.
- There are three tests you’ll have to go through, The Basic setup test, the Speed test and the monetization test. Attempt your test after going through a single course at a time or you’ll get mixed up.
- You can keep the notes near you for reference while you’re attempting the course.
If you’re a new website and ready to try out Ezoic, you can sign up for the Access Now program through the link below.
4. Requesting your domain for approval by Google
As Ezoic serves ads from the Google ads exchange network, the fourth and final step will be to request your domain for approval by Google inside your Google Ad Manager account.
This is done so that your site can be monetized by serving Ads from Google ads exchange. Once you’re done with all these steps, you’ll be ready to get started earning with Ezoic.
Now that you know what the requirements are and how the access now program works, let’s have a look at how you can make sure to get your site approved on the first try itself.
Note: If you’d like to check out other ad networks that have minimum traffic requirements, check this post out.
How to Make Sure to Get Approved for the Ezoic platform
Even though the traffic requirement for using the Ezoic platform is quite low, many sites usually don’t get approved on their first try.
This is because they don’t meet all the requirements or they’re not following the best practices while applying.
To make sure that your site gets approved, here are a few things you can do:
- Make sure that your site contains unique and original content. Don’t copy content from other sites or use spun articles.
- Make sure that your site is well-designed and easy to navigate. You should make all your site’s important sections accessible through the menu as well as the footer menu.
- Use a theme that is mobile responsive and loads fast. The best ones I recommend are Generatepress, Hueman, Neve or Astra.
- Although high traffic is not a requirement for joining the Ezoic Access Now program, I would recommend you apply for it only after you have at least 500 to 1000 visitors per month on your website.
- Check if there’s any broken link or 404 error on your website and if there is, make sure to fix it.
- Add the links to your social media profiles in the header or footer menu. This will not only help you in getting approved but will also help you in getting more social media followers.
- Add lots of images to your blog posts, this is what I was told when my site was rejected. A minimum of 4 images per thousand words would be great.
- Don’t go off-topic on your blog posts, cover a specific topic in each post and make sure it is relevant to your niche. Also, try to keep your blog posts around 1000 to 2000 words long.
- Add internal links to your blog posts as it will help in reducing your bounce rate and also help in improving your SEO.
- Finally, if you’re using any other ad network apart from Google Adsense, just remove those ad networks before applying to Ezoic.
These are a few things you can do to make sure that your site gets approved on the first try.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have an existing Google Adsense account, apply for it and also for Ezoic at the same time.
This not only does help in getting your site approved faster but later on also helps you in increasing your ad revenue as you can use both the ad networks together through mediation.
Here’s one of my previous posts that can help your website’s Google Adsense approval process. (Link to the post)
Ezoic requirements: Summing it up
If you meet the requirements for Ezoic, it’s definitely worth considering. The platform has been shown to increase website traffic and ad revenue while also complying with Google’s stringent quality guidelines.
Not to mention, the team at Ezoic is always working to improve their platform and give publishers the best user experience possible.
So if you want a better chance of earning more money from your website traffic, or just want to make sure you’re in compliance with Google, then Ezoic is well worth checking out.
Already attracting more than 10,000 monthly website visitors? – Sign up for Ezoic here.
New publishers? – Join the “Access Now Program” here.