How To Create An Ebook In Canva?
Last Updated on November 15, 2022 by Tumto Siram
Are you looking to create an ebook but don't know where to start? If it's a yes, then you're at the right place. In this blog post, I'm going to show how to create an ebook in Canva. So if you're ready to learn how to create an ebook using Canva, keep reading!
However, before we get started if you don't know what Canva is and the features that it offers? It is a free online design platform that makes it easy for anyone to create beautiful designs. Plus, there are tons of templates and tools available on Canva that you can use to create your ebook.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means, I will earn a commission (without any additional cost to you) if you click and make a purchase through those links. And if you do make a purchase, thanks for the support!
Now, let's move ahead with the topic and make sure to check this post out till the end as I'll also be sharing in detail how you can get started with Canva and create your first ebook. So, without further ado, let's get started!
How To Create An Ebook In Canva?
Creating an ebook in Canva is easy and can be done in two ways. The very first way to create your ebook would be by following the steps given below:
- Log in to your Canva account by going to www.canva.com and if you don't have an account, sign up for a free account. You can also sign in with your Google or Facebook account if you have one.
- Once you're logged in, click on the “Create a design” button from the homepage and choose the “ebook cover” in the dropdown. If you don't find it in the dropdown type ebook in the “search bar” and press “enter” on your keyboard.
Note: Use this step if you are going to create your ebook from scratch. But if you want to edit the content of your ebook or a PDF that's already been made from another source, You can use the pdf upload option. [Go straight to it here].
Now, you'll be redirected to the Canva editor page where you can find a wide range of ebook cover templates on the left-hand side of the Canva editor dashboard. Select the one that you like.
You can create a design from scratch if you want to make your own design.
- Once the template is open, you can start customizing it by adding your own text, images, and colours.
- To make your design workflow easier and less time-consuming, you can use the Canva brand kit feature, that is if you already have a brand kit saved in your Canva account.
- You just have to select the “style option” in the left menu of the editor dashboard and your saved brand kit will appear.
- Now select your brand's font combination and colour palette. In my case, it's the Lato bold and Green colour combined with other colours. You can also shuffle your design colour just by clicking on the colour palette.
- But if you want to use other font combinations and colour palettes rather than your own brand kit, there are many different pre-made brand combinations below your saved brand kit in the same menu.
Now to add subsequent pages to your ebook you can duplicate the page to keep some designs and the branding intake.
Just select “Add page” and you'll get your e-book's subsequent page generated.
- Once you're done with your design, and the contents of the ebook, click on the “Share” button from the top right corner of the screen. From there you can share your design or download it.
- To download it, scroll through the menu and select download. After that choose the PDF print option and click “download“.
Note: In case you might be interested, Here's another post I shared about how you can make a link-in-bio page using Canva.
Now, let's check out the other option that lets you create or edit your ebook in Canva.
How to create or edit an ebook using the upload option in Canva?
This option is for those who want to edit or create an ebook that has already been created elsewhere.
For example, I like to do the content like writing etc. in Microsoft Word, save it in PDF, and then upload it to Canva to give the final designs to the ebook.
- To start with this option, you need to log into your Canva account and click on the “Create a design” button from the homepage. After that select “Import file” from the drop-down menu.
- Now select the PDF file from your device and upload it.
- Once the image is uploaded, you can start editing it by adding text, shapes, and other elements to it.
After you're done with your design, follow the same steps that are given above to download your ebook. That's it! These were the two methods that you can use to create or edit an ebook in Canva.
Love what's possible using Canva? Get a Pro account free for 30 days. Test out the things that you can do with Canva.
There are lots of possibilities and things you can do with an ebook, even make an additional source of income out of creating and selling ebooks. And if you're in this post with monetizing your ebooks then I think it's great.
However, if you're lost then this is another post where I shared how you can make money through ebooks. Go check it out.
Lastly, here's a bonus F.A.Q section that covers some basic questions I usually come across that are asked about Canva and ebooks.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ebooks are a valuable asset to any marketer’s toolkit. They can be used in a variety of ways, from lead magnets to monetizing content or even selling it as a product.
Hopefully, this blog post has shown you how easy it is to create an ebook with Canva and given you some ideas for what you could do with your own ebook.
Lastly, If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you!