5 Ways to come up with endless blog post ideas
Last Updated on February 17, 2023 by Tumto Siram
Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a rut when it comes to creating content for your blog? You have a hard time coming up with ideas that are interesting and engaging, and as a result, your blog starts to lag. Well, don’t worry – you’re not alone.
Coming up with fresh content ideas is one of the most challenging aspects of blogging. But don’t fret – I’ve got you covered. In this post, I will share 5 ways to come up with endless blog post ideas. So, read on to learn more!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I will receive a commission if you make a purchase through these links (without any additional cost to you). If you choose to buy anything through one of my recommendations, please know that it helps me keep this website up and running.
#1 Use the traditional approach to come up with blog post ideas.
The first way to come up with ideas for your blog is of course to use the traditional approach of brainstorming blog post ideas. The most common ones that you can use are:
Steal ideas from other bloggers:
Yes, you read that right, One of the great ways to get ideas for your blog is to look at what other bloggers are writing about. Go and check out your competitor's most popular blog posts.
See what topics they’re covering that are resonating with their audience, and then adapt those ideas to your own blog.
Now you must be thinking, is this even right? Then, let me tell you that the majority of the most popular blog posts out there have been influenced by others. Besides, I'm not asking you to copy word for word, rather just take inspiration and make your posts even better than theirs.
Brainstorm with a friend or colleague:
Collaborating with someone else is a great way to generate new blog ideas. Brainstorming with a friend or colleague can help to stimulate new ideas and perspectives that you may not have thought of on your own.
In addition, collaborating with someone else can help to improve the quality of your blog posts by providing a second set of eyes. So if you're looking for a way to freshen up your blog, consider reaching out to a friend or colleague for some collaborative brainstorming.
Ask your followers for topic suggestions:
Another great way to come up with blog post ideas is to ask your followers for their input. Ask them what topics they’d like to see you cover, and then use their suggestions to generate specific blog post ideas.
Head Over to your social media channels, Twitter, Facebook groups, YouTube, just ask your followers what they want to read about. This is a great way to ensure that your content is relevant and interesting to your audience.
Take a day off:
If you’re struggling to come up with blog topics, sometimes it can help to take a break from your usual routine. Dedicate a day to ease your brain, just relax and let it free from the stress of thinking about what to write.
On this day, don’t even think about blogging. Instead, take some time for yourself and do things that you enjoy. This can help to refresh your mind and give you a much-needed break from the pressures of creating content.
Now come back after the break, and you will find that you have renewed energy, creativity, and focus. This can help you to generate a whole new batch of blog post ideas.
Keep an ideas journal:
One of the best ways to ensure that you always have fresh ideas for your blog is to keep an ideas journal. This can be a physical notebook that you carry with you, or it can be a digital document on your computer.
Whenever you think of an idea for a blog post, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, add it to your journal. Over time, you’ll build up a sizable list of potential blog topics that you can draw from whenever you need some inspiration.
#2 Take advantage of free online tools.
The second way to come up with blog post ideas can be by using free online tools. There are a number of free online tools that can help you generate ideas for your blog.
And you don't even have to worry about the price as most of these tools come for free. Some of the most common ones are:
Google Keyword Planner:
Google keyword planners‘ main purpose is to do keyword research for advertising on Google, however, it can help you generate blog post ideas based on popular keywords that people are searching for.
Steps to use the Google keywords planner:
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Click the tool & settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Under “Planning,” click Keyword Planner.
- Choose Discover new keywords and start searching topics by using some keyword phrases.
Answer the Public:
Answer the public is an amazing tool that generates questions based on a given keyword, which can help you to come up with ideas for blog posts that answer common questions being asked around the web.
How to use:
- Go to Answerthepublic.com.
- Type your keywords on the search field and click search.
Google autofill feature:
This is a great way to generate ideas based on popular search terms. Simply start typing in a keyword into Google, and then look at the autofill suggestions that appear. These are all popular search terms that people are looking for.
How to use:
- Just open Google chrome.
- Start typing a keyword on the search bar.
- Look at the autofill suggestions that appear.
This tool allows you to see what topics are trending on Google. You can use this information to generate ideas for blog posts that are timely and relevant.
How to use:
- Go to Google trends.
- Type in a keyword to see the related topics.
- Click on a topic to get more specific information.
#3 Use blog topic generator tools.
The third way to generate blog topic ideas would be to use specific blog topic generator tools. These tools are designed to help you generate headlines and ideas for your blog post.
The best ones are:
Blog topic generator by Hubspot:
Blog topic generator allows you to generate ideas by entering a keyword. It will then generate a list of blog post ideas based on that keyword. Easy as a pie!
Portent’s Title generator:
With Portent's Title generator, you can generate blog titles by entering a keyword. You can use it to generate different content ideas for your blog that you can write about.
Blog Title Generator by Inbound Now:
The Blog title generator by Inboune Now is similar to the others, it generates ideas based on a keyword that you enter. And it also goes one step further by generating a complete title for your blog post.
Blog title generator by Seopressor:
Just like all of the above Seopressor too have an awesome blog title generator, you just have to enter a keyword and it will come up with endless blog titles that can help you with blog topic ideas.
#4 Use social media and online communities.
Another great way to come up with unique blog post ideas is to use social media and online communities. By engaging with people on these platforms, you can get a better understanding of what people are interested in and what questions they have.
The most engaging and the common ones out there are:
- Twitter: Twitter is a great platform for seeing what topics are trending. You can use this information to generate ideas for blog posts that are timely and relevant. Other than that, if you have a decent followings, you can ask questions, create polls etc.
- Reddit: Reddit is a great platform for coming up with blog content ideas for new bloggers as well as seasoned ones. Just head over to some subreddits (forums) dedicated to specific topics. By browsing through these, you can get an understanding of what people are talking about and what questions they have and you can start writing on those topics.
- Facebook groups: Facebook group is another way you can research different topics for your niche. Just join some groups. Interact with people who share your interests. And you can use these interactions to generate ideas for your blog.
- Quora: Quora is a Q&A platform that can also be used to generate ideas for your blog. Simply search for a topic that you’re interested in, and then browse through the questions that people are asking.
- Forums: There are a number of forums dedicated to specific topics. Become a part of some forums, and see what questions people are asking and what problems they’re trying to solve.
Some forums also have experienced members that can provide you with some helpful tips whenever needed. You can also join our forum Hustler's Zone where we help each other out not only on things related to blogging but beyond that.
#5 Take inspiration from other content platforms.
If you’re having trouble coming up with content ideas, you can also take inspiration from other content platforms. Or even some other platforms with valuable content. Some of them are:
- Udemy: Udemy is a great platform for finding inspiration. Although it's a platform for learning and courses, You can browse through the courses that are available and look for blog post ideas that you can write about.
- Goodreads: Goodreads is a great platform for finding books that are popular and trending. You can use this information to generate ideas for blog posts that review or recommend books.
- IMDB: IMDB is a great platform for finding popular and trending TV shows. You can use the information they provide to post industry news or generate ideas for blog posts that review or recommend TV shows.
- Amazon products listing: This is a great way to see what products are popular and trending. Best for niche-based blog websites. You can easily generate post ideas for product reviews and recommendations.
- Scoop.It: This platform allows you to find popular content from a range of sources. You can also share your content in Scoop It so that it can be found by other users too. After you've created an account, just look out for others' contents and topics, then curate them, take inspiration and start writing your blog posts.
- Medium: Medium is one of the largest blogging platforms out there. You can say it's just like the “YouTube of Writing”. It can be a great source for finding thousands of popular articles on any niche. Just create an account, find your inspirations and start writing.
- YouTube: With billions of users and millions of videos available on YouTube I'm sure you can find enough content ideas for days from this single platform itself. Follow some channels based on your niche, find inspiration and start writing.
Apart from the ways mentioned above, there are numerous other ways you can brainstorm content ideas for your every next blog post.
For example, you can always share something story-worthy experience of your personal life, share behind the scenes of your workspace and even curate and share your existing content.
So, there you have it. A plethora of ideas to get your creative juices flowing and help you come up with topics for your blog posts.
Be sure to try out some of the free online tools I’ve mentioned, as they can be a handy tool to let you come up with not only your very next blog post idea but also some catchy headlines too.
And lastly, don’t forget to join our forum “Hustler's Zone” to connect with other content marketers and learn from their experiences. We can’t wait to hear what you come up with!